Thursday, November 18, 2010

Adept Congressman takes us down the dialectical path

Airports Weigh Congressman's Call To Ditch TSA

Published: November 18, 2010

by The Associated Press

In a climate of Internet campaigns to shun airport pat-downs and veteran pilots suing over their treatment by government screeners, some airports are considering another way to show dissatisfaction: ditching TSA agents altogether.

Federal law allows airports to opt for screeners from the private sector instead. The push is being led by a powerful Florida congressman who's a longtime critic of the Transportation Security Administration and counts among his campaign contributors some of the companies who might take the TSA's place.

Furor over airline passenger checks has grown as more airports have installed scanners that produce digital images of the body's contours, and the anger intensified when TSA added a more intrusive style of pat-down recently for those who opt out of the full-body scans. Some travelers are using the Internet to organize protests aimed at the busy travel days next week surrounding Thanksgiving.

For Republican Rep. John Mica of Florida, the way to make travelers feel more comfortable would be to kick TSA employees out of their posts at the ends of the snaking security lines. This month, he wrote letters to nation's 100 busiest airports asking that they request private security guards instead.

"I think we could use half the personnel and streamline the system," Mica said Wednesday, calling the TSA a bloated bureaucracy.

So, now the "debates" are not over whether HS/TSA performs a legitimate function in a free society, it's between using govt thugs versus private sector thugs. Who wins that argument?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this one coming a ways off. It's just the nature of things. If we start thinking, "how can they profit from this situation", we can really predict most of their moves in advance. The question then becomes, "How can we put up a maintained front to keep these fiends at bay with out having to go to a shooting war?"

Why don't we take a cue from the jewish sayanim network which uses the software called megaphone. I may have to get back into programming as I can't seem to find any one who would jump at some of my ideas, but the idea would be to emulate the megaphone software, with a means of identifying issues where people can hammer the scoundrels involved with emails, phone calls, etc. Obviously the criminal jewish network will try to manipulate such a thing so there would need to be built in quality controls.

If we look at stand alone software things like instant messengers flourish due to their utility. It wouldn't take long to get an anti-kabbalah platform going, which touches on all the issues they create such as communitarianism, usury, false flags, legal issues, etc.

Just some rambling thoughts.

Niki Raapana said...

It's a text based world now, I don't do it, but all the people I know sure do. People do like their electronic communications. Based on my personal experience, I think the last thing they want to do is hammer the scoundrels rebuilding the world. But I could be wrong... it's not like I'm keeping up with people much anymore, they could still surprise me and jump in if there's a megaphone waiting.

I know it sounds rinky dink but I think the place to maintain the front, if there's ever going to be one that's effective, is at our local community meetings where a few of our neighbors are planning everyone's vision of the future.

We can take our power back the same way the communitarians took our private data from us, "house by house, block by block, town by town...."

As for an anti-kaballah platform I think that's even more complicated than anti-communitarian. People want a simplified explanation and an easy to spell and pronounce enemy. I get harassed over the fact that I can't make it easy to understand in one paragraph. My Talmudic Law research was almost as long as my Communitarian Law page, and then I had to make a whole new page for Zionism because there was SO much I didn't know or understand. It took me YEARS to get through some of it but Etzioni meaning Tree of Life from Zion was too huge to ignore. As much as I am disgusted by Zionism I have not made the leap to focusing my wrath specifically on the Kaballah, and I'm not sure you'd find a whole lot of people to sign up for that one. It bugged me that Etzioni studied it more than the essence of what it is, and that's because I'm not all that sure what it is, besides some perversion of the Tree of Life. So I'm fairly certain it's not a topic most people care to grasp let alone rally behind. But again, maybe I don't know people at all.

sewneo said...

What can we do to help get the ACL back to it's full glory?

If you and Nord have a "standard" by which each page will be formatted I'd be willing to edit/repost stuff one page at a time so the resource is re-available....?


-s

Niki Raapana said...

Sean, thanks for the offer. I'm thinking about revising the ACL pages here in blogger prior to re posting of them at the ACL, that way I can check all the links, get feedback, add research we've gathered since the page was written and then pare some of down into more than one page. I don't have free access to the ACL anymore, and according to my ACL partner, my long rambling pages are gone forever. The good news is I retained full control over my blog.. heh. So maybe you can work on pages at your blog and I can check it out there before Nord posts it back at the ACL.

And of course we're still looking for one paragraph that sums it all up very nicely. :) John's been working on one and maybe I'll use his to start all of us thinking about it. The revised ACL has to be easier to navigate and understand, which means short sentences and articles (as you know that's NOT my forte).

Kevin Eggers said...

Niki,

Your articles are easy to understand for anyone willing to think. I love your writing style, and constantly re-read your articles at newswithviews for insight.

Our education system and media have trained most people to think inside the box. They've been trained to look for the path of least thought and responsibility, and our media offers them mindless comfort. It's not your writing, it's the system.

Keep up the excellent work.

Niki Raapana said...

Kevin, if it wasn't for you and a few others we know I would have quit the ACL a long time ago. I blame you for all the work Nord just put in front of me, this revision is killing me, and the only way I'll forgive you is if you send another case of wine. :)

Good thing nwvs has all those articles too, eh? That's the only place they're all together online. Articles that were deemed too inappropriate for nwvs (mentioned the Talmud)are all at rense. Maybe someday they'll all be at the ACL.

All kidding aside, thank you for your kind words and good vibes.