Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Energy Non-Crisis, by Lindsey Williams

Revised the ACL homepage this weekend. http://nord.twu.net/acl Heading to the Post Office again tomorrow to ship out the mini (!) and my Marine's package. Been kind of stuck lately.

Found this book from a friend on fb, haven't read much of it yet, but as a former wife of an Alyeska mechanical superintendent, I can say the first chapter reads like the author was there. My ex always worried I'd write an expose of the things I learned from conversations in our home he had with "the boys." I was insulted to think he thought that just because I was a journalist in college I would sabotage his career with gossip, and assured him nobody cared about all the dumb things they said and did, even if they were pretty funny sometimes.

But there were a couple things that were not so funny... and I'll be damned if they aren't titles to chapters in this book. Should be an interesting read... not on the list of projects or chores, okay, it's not on the schedule at all. I'm going to find time to read it anyway, this could be one of those parts of the dialectic I've avoided confronting in myself because it was too personal. Now that Pat's retired it may not matter anymore what I write or don't write, but he's still the father of my boy and so I'm not all that anxious to connect his career as a pipefitter to the global communitarian scam. I walk a fine enough line as it is with my family, some of whom are just lately beginning to realize I'm not as crazy as they wanted me to be. :) The more obvious it gets that something is very, very wrong in America, the harder it is to accuse me of being paranoid. It just wasn't that long ago that it was suggested I needed to go to a mental hospital, for real.

Foreword

The content of this manuscript is only as valuable and useful to the reader as the credibility of the authors.

The honesty, integrity, and therefore the credibility, of the authors of this book is unquestionable to the limit of their combined facts and knowledge.

I can personally attest to many of the facts, and certainly many of the conversations quoted in the book, as I spent a week with Chaplain Lindsey on the North Slope of Alaska during the construction of the Trans-Alaska pipeline. I was privileged to talk with high officials of Alyeska Pipeline Service Company. For reasons unknown to me, I was given access to private information that apparently very few outsiders were ever given. I moved among the men at work and in the barracks. My week on the North Slope was a liberal education.

The motivation for this book is to bring facts to the American people as the authors know them. They do not have a political ax to grind nor any personal advantage by bringing forth these facts. Our President has stated that our energy problem is the equivalent of war. Yet he has embraced policies that have continually discouraged and hampered the development of our oil industry.

Nearly ten years ago President Nixon warned of a pending energy shortage unless our domestic production be drastically increased, but Congress insisted on restrictive price controls.

Congress has been urged—and sometimes threatened—by special interest groups to take a negative stance on energy production, but they have miserably failed to take proper action to increase our domestic production. In fact, as you read this book you must come to the realization that energy production has been fiercely stifled by "Government Bureaucracy, " and Congress has sat on its collective hands.

You, the reader, will be left to make your own conclusions as to why this set of facts and circumstances conflict many times with what we have been told by the news media—which is fed its information by Government Agencies and Departments.

It is with great pride and pleasure that I endorse this manuscript and compliment the authors for taking time to do the research and make it available to all of us.

March 19, 1980.
Hugh M. Chance
Former Senator of
The State of Colorado


http://www.reformation.org/energy-non-crisis.html

No comments: