Saturday, January 2, 2010

40 below in Kenny Lake

Here's a video I made last month of Tim skinning a 9 foot griz. Very graphic, not for the squeamish. I thought I'd throw it on here today to highlight the difference between Alaska and Kansas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbr6szW6V0A

The winter garden

We can hear the trees popping

%Well it's 40 below and I don't give a f**k
there's a heater in my truck and I'm off to the rodeo%
The Rodeo Song by Gary Lee and Showdown
http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=491


3 comments:

Stop Common Purpose said...

HI Niki

Happy New Year.

I have decided to stop whining about the cold in the UK.

It is as nothing compared with what you have to put up with.

John

Niki Raapana said...

Yeah it's wild how we can adjust, it was 24 below tonight and we could feel how much "warmer" it was without looking at the thermometer. I lived in the Nevade desert for just a year one time, and I was freezing when I went to Wisconsin in August and it was 80 above.

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit that I owned that record once. I used to listen to WLW radio in Cincinnati and the goofy guys who were on in the afternoon referenced the record and piqued by curiosity so I went out and bought it. I had to hide it from my kids. Don't know where it is now.