Saturday, April 10, 2010

Will Cap and Trade grant control over private housing market?

Still using a borrowed computer so I don't have time to check the links to this story until later. I don't know the original writer but it came from my sister who doesn't fall for many online hoaxes or scams (not like me.. I used to fall for all of them!). Regulating private homes was part of the plans we found in 1999. If this email checks out it falls right into place with LA21 goals. Licensing privately owned houses used as rentals was part of the Seattle Neighborhood plans. I think this expands the whole concept to a level I could never have predicted. Thanks Kath!

"Check out the references at the end..... This has passed the House not in the Senate yet!!!

A License Required for your HOUSE?

If you own your home you really need to check this out. At the end of this email is the Google link to verify. If the country thinks the housing market is depressed now, wait until everyone sees this. No one will be buying homes in the future.We encourage you to read the provisions of the Cap and Trade Bill that has passed the House of Representatives and are being considered by the Senate. We are ready to join the next march on Washington ! This Congress and their "experts" are truly out to destroy the middle class of the U.S.A.A License will be required for your longer just for cars and mobile homes....Thinking about selling your house? Take a look at H.R. 2454 (Cap and Trade bill).

This is unbelievable! Home owners take note and tell your friends and relatives who are home owners!Beginning one year after enactment of the Cap and Trade Act, you won't be able to sell your home unless you retrofit it to comply with the energy and water efficiency standards
of this "Cap & Trade" bill, passed by the House of Representatives. If it is also passed by the Senate, it will be the largest tax increase any of us has ever experienced.

The Congressional Budget Office (supposedly non-partisan) estimates that in just a few years the average cost to every family of four will be $6,800 per year. No one is excluded. However, once
the lower classes feel the pinch in their wallets, you can be sure that these voters will get a tax refund (even if they pay no taxes at all) to offset this new cost. Thus, you Mr. And Mrs. Middle Class have to pay even more since additional tax dollars will be needed to bail out everyone else..But wait. This awful bill (that no one in Congress has actually read) has many more surprises in it. Probably the worst one is this: A year from now you won't be able to sell your house without some bureaucrat's OK. Yes, you read that right. The caveat (there always is a caveat) is that if you have enough money to make required major upgrades to your home, then you can sell it. But, if not, then forget it. Even pre-fabricated homes ("mobile homes") are included. In effect, this bill prevents you from selling your home without the permission of the EPA administrator.

To get this permission, you will have to have the energy efficiency of your home measured. Then the government will tell you what your new energy efficiency requirement is and you will be required to make modifications to your home under the retrofit provisions of this Act, to comply with the new energy and water efficiency requirements. Then you will have to
get your home measured again and get a license (called a "label" in the Act) that must be posted on your property to show what your efficiency rating is; sort of like the Energy Star efficiency rating label on your refrigerator or air conditioner. If you don't get a high enough rating, you can't sell. And, the EPA administrator is authorized to raise the standards every year, even above the automatic energy efficiency increases built into the Act. The EPA administrator, appointed by the President, will run the Cap & Trade program (AKA the "American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009") and is authorized to make any future changes to the regulations and standards he/she alone determines to be in the government's best interest. Requirements are set
low initially so the bill will pass Congress. Then the Administrator can set new standards every year.The Act itself contains annual required increases in energy efficiency for private and commercial residences and buildings. However, the EPA administrator can set higher standards at any time.

Sect. 202 - Building Retrofit Program mandates a national retrofit program to increase the energy efficiency of all existing homes across America . Beginning one year after enactment of the Act, you won't be able to sell your home unless you retrofit it to comply with its energy and water efficiency standards. You had better sell soon, because the standards will be raised each year and will be really hard (expen$ive) to meet in a few years. Oh, goody!

The Act allows the government to give you a grant of several thousand dollars to comply with the retrofit program requirements IF you meet certain energy efficiency levels. But, wait, the State can set additional requirements on who qualifies to receive the grants. You should expect requirements such as "can't have an income of more than $50K per year", "home selling price can't be more than $125K", or anything else to target the upper middle class (that includes YOU?) and prevent you from qualifying for the grants.

Most of us won't get a dime and will have to pay the entire cost of the retrofit out of our own pockets. More transfer of wealth, more "change you can believe in." Sect. 204 - Building Energy Performance Labeling Program establishes a labeling program that for each individual residence will identify the achieved energy efficiency performance for "at least 90 percent of the
residential market within 5 years after the date of the enactment of this Act."This means that within 5 years 90% of all residential homes in the U.S. must be measured and labeled. The EPA administrator will get $50M each year to enforce the labeling program. The Secretary of the Department of Energy will get an additional $20M each year to help the EPA. Some of this money will, of course, be spent on coming up with tougher standards each year...Oh, the label will be like a license for your car. You will be required to post the label in a conspicuous location in your home and will not be allowed to sell your home without having this label. And, just like your car license, you will probably be required to get a new label every so often - maybe every year.

But, the government estimates the cost of measuring the energy efficiency of your home should only cost about $200 each time. Remember what they said about the auto smog inspections when they first started: that in California ? It would only cost $15. That was when the program started. Now the cost is about $50 for the inspection and certificate. Expect the same from the home labeling program. Sect. 304 - Greater Energy Efficiency in Building Codes establishes new energy efficiency guidelines for the National Building Code and mandates at 304(d) that one year after enactment of this Act, all state and local jurisdictions must adopt the National Building Code energy efficiency provisions or must obtain a certification from the federal government that their state and/or local codes have been brought into full compliance with the National Building Code energy efficiency standards.CHECK OUT a few of the sites;

Cap and Trade: A License Required for your Home http://www.nachi. org/forum/ f14/cap-and-
trade-license- required- your-home- 44750/

HR2454 American Clean Energy & Security Act: http://www.govtrack .us/congress/ bill.xpd? bill=h111- 2454
Cap & Trade A license required for your home:
Cap and trade is a license to cheat and steal: http://www.sfexamin columns/oped_ contributors/ Cap-and-trade- is-a-license- to-cheat- and-steal- 45371937.

Cap and Trade: A License Required for your Home:
Thinking about selling you House? Look at HR 2454: "


Justa Numerican said...

Gertees are looking more and more like THE practical solution! Hey, do you know if it's against some stupid law yet to live inside [and around] say a climate-controlled, off-the-grid [green] greenhouse?

Do you think the slaves would then be afforded the same equal rights and opportunities... as our botany specimens?

Could a couple of slaves get to live like their own damned plants... and not require so much as an official home address... or even a mailbox?

Oh shoot, I forgot - we'll need a billing address [for the bills] and several permits and licenses!

We won't actually be able to own a cotton-pickin' thing - even those plants will probably have more of a right to life than we will!

Angry Cheese said...

I am contacting you through this area because I do not think you are getting or sending emails yet?
Mike Robinson from the UK Column has just informed me that he wants the article by you on or before the 23rd April - that's a week this Friday!!!
So no pressure there then! Good luck! And get typing!
Also you have to think about how you want your ad. to look. It will be a quarter of a newspaper page.

FishTaxi said...

This Cap and Trade License is downright scary. Its worse than than the IRS stronghold on property you own and still pay taxes on. Reminds me of the "bag lady" term. When old ladies couldn't afford their property taxes and became homeless.

Niki's gertees look way more comfortable, portable, econimical and FEASIBLE than a shopping cart.